Location: Rotterdam or Enschede, The Netherlands
Employment Type: 0.8-1 FTE
Experience: 0-5 years
About Delta Diagnostics:
Delta Diagnostics is a leading developer of cutting-edge life-science research instruments based on photonic integrated circuit technology that was invented at TNO – The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research. With a strong commitment to advancing scientific knowledge and vastly accelerating the development of new drugs and diagnostic tests, Delta Diagnostics is at the forefront of innovation, developing state-of-the-art label-free biosensors that empower researchers and healthcare professionals worldwide. We aim to deliver highly reliable, efficient, and user-friendly instruments that enable researchers to unravel the complexities of biological samples and accelerate scientific breakthroughs.
We are dedicated to creating instruments that not only provide accurate and precise results but also streamline workflows, saving researchers valuable time and resources. Our ultimate goal is to contribute to the improvement of global healthcare by facilitating the development of innovative diagnostic tools and accelerating the development of new drugs.
Join us at Delta Diagnostics as we embark on this exciting journey of discovery and innovation, where your expertise and passion can make a significant impact on scientific advancements and patient care. Together, let’s shape the future of life-science research and diagnostics.
Delta Diagnostics is seeking a motivated Optical Engineer to join our team. As an Optical Engineer, you will be an integral part of our projects and will contribute to the development of advanced optical sub-systems of label-free biosensing instruments. This position is ideal for recent graduates or candidates with up to 5 years of experience looking to contribute to cutting-edge technical projects in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
· Optical System Design: Contribute to the design and development of optical systems and components for label-free biosensing instruments.
· Testing and Optimization: Conduct testing, analysis, and optimization of optical systems to ensure optimal performance.
· Collaboration: Work collaboratively with cross-functional, multidisciplinary and often international teams, including engineers, scientists, and project managers, to achieve project objectives.
· Documentation: Maintain accurate documentation of optical designs and testing procedures.
· Quality Assurance: Participate in quality control processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality optical instruments.
· Adherence to Standards: Ensure that all optical designs adhere to relevant industry standards and regulations.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, Photonics, or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
· Experience: 0-5 years of experience in optical engineering, including internships or academic projects related to optical systems.
· Design and Simulation Software: Proficiency with design and simulation software tools (e.g., Zemax, or Code V) is required.
· Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Problem Solving: Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements.
· Team Player: Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
· Adaptability: Willingness to learn and adapt in a dynamic work environment.
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating scale-up environment, opportunities for professional growth and development and as a plus (if you stay for the duration) a generous cash bonus on exit scheme. If you are a highly motivated Optical Engineer with a passion for cutting-edge technology and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the field of label-free biosensing instruments, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delta Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.