Location: Rotterdam or Enschede, The Netherlands
Employment Type: 0.8-1 FTE (Full-Time Equivalent)
Experience: 2-10 years
About Delta Diagnostics:
Delta Diagnostics is a pioneering developer of cutting-edge life-science research instruments, founded on the innovative Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology originated at TNO – The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research. Committed to advancing scientific knowledge and expediting the development of new drugs and diagnostic tests, Delta Diagnostics stands at the forefront of innovation. We specialize in the creation of state-of-the-art label-free biosensors that empower researchers and healthcare professionals globally.
Our mission is to deliver exceptionally reliable, efficient, and user-friendly instruments, enabling researchers to decode the intricacies of biological samples and accelerate scientific breakthroughs. We are dedicated to creating instruments that not only deliver accurate and precise results but also streamline workflows, saving researchers valuable time and resources. Ultimately, our goal is to contribute to the enhancement of global healthcare by facilitating the development of innovative diagnostic tools and accelerating the discovery of new drugs.
Join us at Delta Diagnostics as we embark on this exhilarating journey of discovery and innovation. Your expertise and passion can make a significant impact on scientific advancements and patient care. Together, let’s shape the future of life-science research and diagnostics.
Delta Diagnostics invites applications from motivated Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Engineers to join our dynamic team. As a PIC Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in our projects, contributing to the development of advanced PIC-based systems for label-free biosensing instruments. This position is ideal for recent graduates or individuals with up to 5 years of experience who are eager to contribute to cutting-edge technical projects within a highly multidisciplinary environment.
· PIC Design: Design of Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) for label-free biosensing, accounting for over-all system requirements
· Testing and Optimization: Conduct testing and analysis of PICs and PIC-based systems to verify performance.
· Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with cross-functional, multidisciplinary, and international teams, including engineers, scientists, and project managers, to achieve project objectives. Coordinate PIC fabrication by external partners.
· Documentation: Maintain meticulous documentation of PIC designs and testing procedures.
· Quality Assurance: Engage in quality control processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality PIC-based instruments.
· Adherence to Standards: Ensure that all PIC designs conform to relevant industry standards and regulations.
· Education: Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Photonics, or a related field. Advanced degrees are advantageous.
· Experience: 0-5 years of experience in PIC engineering, including internships or academic projects related to PIC systems.
· Design and Simulation Software: Experience with design and simulation software tools specific to Photonic Integrated Circuits (e.g., FIMMAVE, Lumerical) is required.
· Communication: Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Problem Solving: Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements.
· Multi-disciplinary: understands the larger framework in which the PIC will be applied, including optical, mechanical and thermal aspects, as well as strategies for noise reduction.
· Team Player: Exhibit the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
· Adaptability: Display a willingness to learn and adapt within a dynamic work environment.
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating scale-up environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a highly motivated Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Engineer with a passion for cutting-edge technology and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the field of label-free biosensing instruments, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Delta Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.