Location: Rotterdam and Enschede, The Netherlands
Employment Type: 0.8 – 1 FTE
Experience: Minimum 5 years
About Delta Diagnostics:
Delta Diagnostics is a leading developer of cutting-edge life-science research instruments based on photonic integrated circuit technology that was invented at TNO – The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research. With a strong commitment to advancing scientific knowledge and vastly accelerating the development of new drugs and diagnostic tests, Delta Diagnostics is at the forefront of innovation, developing state-of-the-art label-free biosensors that empower researchers and healthcare professionals worldwide. We aim to deliver highly reliable, efficient, and user-friendly instruments that enable researchers to unravel the complexities of biological samples and accelerate scientific breakthroughs.
We are dedicated to creating instruments that not only provide accurate and precise results but also streamline workflows, saving researchers valuable time and resources. Our ultimate goal is to contribute to the improvement of global healthcare by facilitating the development of innovative diagnostic tools and accelerating the development of new drugs.
Join us at Delta Diagnostics as we embark on this exciting journey of discovery and innovation, where your expertise and passion can make a significant impact on scientific advancements and patient care. Together, let’s shape the future of life-science research and diagnostics.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing dynamic team at Delta Diagnostics. As a Systems Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of the next generation label-free biosensing instruments that will accelerate life-science research. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems engineering, with a focus on the development of complex instruments used in the life sciences field, and thrives in a dynamic scale-up environment in which every individual plays a significant role in shaping the success of a company.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system requirements and specifications for life-science research instruments analyzing liquid samples or in vitro diagnostic devices.
· Manage subcontractors and suppliers involved in the development of the instruments
· Design and develop system architectures, subsystems, and components, ensuring alignment with project objectives and technical requirements.
· Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments to identify potential issues and propose effective solutions.
· Implement and integrate software modules or microfluidic components into the overall system design.
· Conduct system testing and verification activities to ensure functionality, performance, and reliability.
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues during the development and testing phases.
· Generate detailed technical documentation, including system requirements, design specifications, and test protocols.
· Stay updated with target user needs, industry trends, advancements, and emerging technologies relevant to life-science research instruments and contribute to the development of our own product roadmap.
· Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Bioengineering, or a related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the development of life-science research instruments analyzing liquid samples or in vitro diagnostic devices.
· Strong understanding of systems engineering principles and practices.
· Proficiency in designing and integrating complex systems, including mechanical, electrical, optical, microfluidic and software components.
· Familiarity with software development methodologies and programming languages is a plus.
· Experience with microfluidic systems or related technologies would be advantageous.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards applicable to life-science research (ROU) instruments is preferred.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
· Strong communication skills to collaborate with team members, stakeholders, and external partners.
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating scale-up environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are passionate about developing innovative life-science research instruments and have the required expertise, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Delta Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.